Register for Job Alerts
Project Engineer - E&Amp;Amp;I / Electrical jobs in Dungeness, Kent, England
Home > Details for 'Project Engineer - E&I / Electrical vacancy'
Project Engineer - E&I / Electrical
Dungeness, Kent, England
The employer is looking for skilled and experienced Project Engineers with CandI or Electrical experience to become part of our team supporting programmes of work across UK Nuclear Reactors. The successful candidate will be part of a large client lead team based at Dungeness, supporting multiple projects within the station project portfolio. Project Engineers will support either Project Manager or Construction Manager in managing allocated work from assignment to close out covering all duties related to work delivery as requested by the Project Manager or Construction Manager in order to ensure that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner to its conclusion. job duties The project engineer job may vary depending on the specific assignment undertaken but would typically involve the activities below:
* Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
* Support the Project Manager with day to day activities needed to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
* Facilitate and chair project meetings and regular progress meetings as needed by the Project Manager.
* Prepare and maintain project documentation including Project Definition Document, Quality Plans and other documents as needed.
* Ensure production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
* Review documentation including contractorandrsquo;s documents and drawings.
* Ensure technical queries are managed in accordance with process and procedures.
* Carry out financial and technical appraisals of project options.
* Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and station staff as needed.
* Prepare work packages including preparation of work order cards and review of contractors risk assessments and method statements.
* Carry out duties of APSA when needed.
* Prepare Engineering Changes and manage the preparation of supporting and affected documents.
* Prepare commissioning documents and act as test team leader where appropriate.
* Manage the delivery of assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures.
* Perform the duties of a field supervisor as needed.
* Perform the duties of a nominated supervisor as needed. ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Delivering allocated jobs and tasks in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Project Procedures and within the approved project baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements.
* Early identification of issues an.or concerns that either have the potential or will impact the project baseline.
* Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance. To the line manager for:
* Managing assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures Authorities:
Approvals of the Project Engineer in principle are as follows:
* Review of technical reports, contractorandrsquo;s documents and drawings within agreed limits and specifically excluding documents needing technical review.
* Approval of contractors risk assessments and method statements.
* Ensure that technical queries are approved within agreed limits. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Degree Qualified or Equivalent in relevant Engineering discipline
* SMSTS (IOSH)
* Ability to demonstrate a background of working in a nuclear or highly regulated environment Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business
For more information and to Apply - CLICK HERE
Register for Job Alerts
For Jobs in Dungeness, Kent, England
Quick Registration Email Alerts when Jobs come in | Post your CV | Let the Employers find you | Find the jobs before others!
JobsWord Contact About