Register for Job Alerts
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer jobs in Leeds
Home > Details for 'Senior Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy'
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£35000 - £40000/annum
Senior Design Engineer The job salary will be
� 35,000 - � 40,000 The Job is in
Leeds Role Overview As a key member of the team you will be accountable for all aspects of design and development of carbon-ceramic friction products to meet customer needs. The ideal job job candidate will be a self-starter who uses their initiative in solving problems. They will be accountable for ensuring that the design and development process meets both internal and external customer requirements and that the discipline of following procedure is in place. To carry out this job your requirements will be to carry out concept design, detailed design, material design and product validation within the automotive industry. job duties
* Product design, specification, development and optimisation.
* Materials and product testing and validation.
* Responsible for new product introduction from cradle to grave.
* Liaising with suppliers and customers to meet project requirements and keep projects on track.
* Managing the design team to ensure efficient use of resource to meet business requirements.
* Supporting production when needed with technical input, additional labour or other requirements.
* Managing change of product and processes using management of change procedures.
* Train operators in new practices and methods where applicable.
* Ensure Company Policies are adhered to.
* Working to and maintaining the drawing management system. Additional job duties
* Trained internal auditor to assist with internal quality audits Additional Requirements
* A current drivers license and access to a car is essential.
* Some travel around the UK and overseas may be needed. Essential skills
* Good bachelors degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or related subject.
* 5 years of similar work experience in an automotive engineering design environment.
* Fully conversant with 3D CAD.
* Project Management.
* Strong Leadership.
* Strong analytical capability.
* Data driven decision making with attention to detail.
* Hands-on approach - willing to use initiative to solve problems.
* Write and deliver Design Verification Plans to validate designs.
* Excellent IT skills in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Desirable skills Pr. Engineer Creo. Pr. Mechanica. An interest in Automotive an.or Aerospace. If you are interested in The Job please contact the engineering team on (Apply online only) or submit your details and curriculum vitae (curriculum vitae (CV)) Premier are acting as an employment agency
For more information and to Apply - CLICK HERE
Register for Job Alerts
For Jobs in Leeds
Quick Registration Email Alerts when Jobs come in | Post your CV | Let the Employers find you | Find the jobs before others!
Find more jobs for:
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer jobs in London
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer jobs in Manchester
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer jobs in Birmingham
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer jobs in Liverpool
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer jobs in Glasgow
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer jobs in Nottingham
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer jobs in Sheffield
JobsWord Contact About