Register for Job Alerts
Financial Controller jobs in London, England
Home > Details for 'Financial Controller vacancy'
£55000 - £60000/annum Car/Bonus
About Capita We are the UKand#39;s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India. An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to become part of our division of Capita Plc located in the City Office. job duties:
Produce Month -End reporting files for FD and Division within agreed timetable
* Prepare Pre-Mob papers for FD that accurately represent the business and ensure comment.explanations are clear and concise
* Work closely with Operations to ensure that forward Revenue and cost forecasts accurately reflect business requirements.
* Facilitate monthly Balance Sheet reviews with FD and ensure all actions that come out of these meetings are minuted and actions followed up.
* Attendance at Monthly Operations Forecast review meetings and Divisional Month end review meetings.
* Work with Operations to understand their forward forecasts and be able to explain to FD monthly forecast movements ( Re. Cos. OP)
* Ensure that Revenue Recognition and assurance process is in place monthly that satisfies accounting principles.
* Work with FD and MD to report all material Risks and Opportunities to Forecast achievement are highlighted on a monthly basis.
* Proactively suggest ways of improving working capital results through management of debt (per terms); action plans for WIP; and integrity to support accruals.
* Ensure through investigative accounting all WIP balances on a monthly basis reflect revenue that can be billed contractually and proactively manage WIP balance down
* Assist FD in BP Process - This will include responsibility for ensuring Axiom accurately represents FD BP requirement as well as assisting FD with various BP files that are requested by Division
* Co-ordinate and ensure that all BP Axiom input is completed to Group BP Timetable.
* Produce Monthly Working Capital Forecast ( Axiom) and ensure forecasting process is accurate.
* Uphold Capita Accounting principles and ensure Finance Staff also uphold these principles.
* Assist FD and MD with any ad-hoc reporting requirements. Skills and Experience:
* Understanding of SAP and Axiom would be desirable
* Qualified Accountant with + 2 years PQE
* Supervisory and Mentoring responsibility for 2 Finance Staff.
* Good written. oral communication skills.
* Negotiation skills with regards to agreeing and delivery of business targets and personal goals.
* Ability to present at Director. Business Manager level with insightful information
* Leadership in commercial discussions. negotiations
* Business planning, forecasting and bid modelling
* Microsoft Office to an effective level reflecting The Job
* Ability to travel to a number of different sites on an adhoc basis Personal Attribute:
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an capability to interact at all levels with finance and non-finance teams
* Ability to challenge and influence the Operational team
* Works in a structured and methodical manner with attention to detail and accuracy
* Deadline oriented whilst managing own workload
* Continually seeks improved and more efficient methods of working whilst being willing to challenge the status quo
* Good team player
* Analytical mind-set
* Confident and personable nature
* Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers
* At Capita, training and development arenand#39;t optional extras:
theyand#39;re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary, Car Allowance and Bonus we also give you 23 dayand#39;s holiday company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, discapability, age or sexual orientation. Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services provideed are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be needed to register with us. If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capitaand#39;s vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check
For more information and to Apply - CLICK HERE
Register for Job Alerts
For Jobs in London, England
Quick Registration Email Alerts when Jobs come in | Post your CV | Let the Employers find you | Find the jobs before others!
Find more jobs for:
Financial Controller jobs in London
Financial Controller jobs in Manchester
Financial Controller jobs in Birmingham
Financial Controller jobs in Liverpool
Financial Controller jobs in Glasgow
Financial Controller jobs in Nottingham
Financial Controller jobs in Sheffield
JobsWord Contact About