Register for Job Alerts
Asset Management Engineer - Power Transmission - London - &Amp;Pound;60k jobs in City Of London, England
Home > Details for 'Asset Management Engineer - Power Transmission - London - £60k vacancy'
Asset Management Engineer - Power Transmission - London - £60k
£60000/annum excellent benefits package
City of London, England
An Asset Management Engineer is needed to support varying technical and commercial asset management issues across a portfolio of Offshore Power Transmission projects. Based at The employers Head Office in Central London you will have demonstrable experience of electricity transmission technology, regulatory and related engineering together with the capability to manage an outsourced operations and maintenance service provider. The employer at the moment owns eight offshore transmission assets across the UK and Europe with 4.1GW of power transmission capacity. Principle duties, accountabilities and job duties for the Asset Management Engineer will include:
* Managing and ensuring compliance with the Project Agreement, Project Documents, statutory. regulatory compliance, and managing and developing process and procedures with regard to health, safety, security, environment and asset management.
* Management of outsourced Operations and Maintenance (OandM) providers.
* Authorised as Senior Authorised Person and Control Person under RES (Athena) safety rules to assist fault investigation, rectification work and if needed maintenance work in conjunction with the OandM provider.
* Assist in the development of offshore transmission asset life cycle management including, marine and offshore maintenance and fault rectification, maintenance planning, management and implementation, determination of trends of failure and implementation of plans to ensure good asset performance.
* Provide technical advice in-conjunction with the Senior Asset Manager to senior commercial staff.
* Evaluation of technical reports from OandM providers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), consultants and industry bodies which are relevant to the OFTO assets in the UK and offshore transmission assets in Europe to ensure asset integrity and relicapability. Skills and experience needed for this job will include:
* Degree level education or the equivalent in an engineering (preferably electrical) discipline and membership of relevant professional body is preferable e.g. IET.
* Demonstrable experience of electricity transmission technology and a proven understanding and understanding of all related technologies.
* Experience of managing outsourced contractors, developing and negotiated outsourced contracts from technical and commercial aspects.
* Proven asset management capability to develop asset management strategies using condition monitoring and utilising asset databases and reporting tools.
* Knowledge and understanding of all key business issues that impact electricity transmission assets.
* Experience of offshore transmission, subsea cables especially their condition monitoring, failure mechanisms and repair techniques with understanding of electricity regulation and understanding of NETSO would be viewed advantageously. This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the UKand#39;s leading Offshore Power Transmission Investment organisations that can provide a hands on project involvement with some of the UKand#39;s and Europeand#39;s most prestigious offshore projects. In return for the needed experience The employer can provide a salary up to � 60,000pa, an excellent company pension scheme, bonus up to 20% and private health insurance. This is an urgent requirement for The employer so we will be sourcing suitable job job candidates for this job right away. If you are interested please make a job application with your curriculum vitae (CV) and covering note, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations . However, should you wish to discuss your application in the meantime, please contact Les Hines on (Apply online only)
For more information and to Apply - CLICK HERE
Register for Job Alerts
For Jobs in City Of London, England
Quick Registration Email Alerts when Jobs come in | Post your CV | Let the Employers find you | Find the jobs before others!
JobsWord Contact About