Register for Job Alerts
Software Development Engineer (1786) jobs in London, England
Home > Details for 'Software Development Engineer (1786) vacancy'
Software Development Engineer (1786)
£400 - £492/day
Software Development Engineer (EXPJP00001786) My client, a worldwide powerhouse within the online travel industry, is looking for a Software Development Engineer to become part of their team in London on an initial 12 month contract. If you enjoy working in a flexible, Agile environment where your efforts to build mission critical software that has a direct impact on revenue generation and optimisation, then we are eager to hear from you. Our team is part of a Worldwide Engineering department and is responsible for providing high throughput scalable APIs that internally use decision engines to make business decisions on the fly helping us optimise our revenue generation. The successful candidate will be instrumental in the performance of our team to ensure that we meet the worldwide needs of our business. Bring your passion for software performance and delivery and be part of our success. Job job duties This position focuses not only on implementing software solutions for an e-commerce giant but also on being a job model to your fellow engineers. You will get to expand your skills in building highly scalable solutions while influencing others and raising the bar on the overall level of excellence within the team. You will also get the opportunity to serve as a domain expert in multi-functional feature delivery. As a developer on this team, you will collaborate with other experienced software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and software solutions, and build and track metrics to ensure high quality results. You will have the chance to work with business partners, leadership and other software developers, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems.
* You will provide technical guidance to other team members, review work of peers and more junior developers.
* You will act as point of contact for technical issues for specific work streams within a project.
* You will implement product features working as part of multi-functional team using agile methodologies, work with Operations, Information Security, Release engineers and Product Owners You will drive ongoing improvements in application architecture to help build and design highly scalable enterprise applications Required Skills and Experience
* Extraordinary coding skills in multiple languages (Java needed)
* First class communication skills in written and verbal form
* Strong Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
* Critical thinker, required to speak out and defend views.
* Experience delivering and supporting highly available and scalable solutions with large transaction volume
* In-depth understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies
* Be self-motivated with drive and good organisational skills to work to challenging deadlines.
* Very passionate about learning, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
* Knowledge of testing frameworks, performance testing, application tuning and load testing Useful experience:
* Experience using web application caching technologies and techniques (e.g. Redis)
* Java Web Application containers (Dropwizard, Tomcat, etc.)
* Java Web Services (REST, etc.), protocols and deployment
* Prior background in large amount e-Commerce solutions or other transactional processing systems
* Thorough understanding of enterprise design patterns and MVC frameworks.
* Clear understanding of dependency injection in web applications.
* Previous experience of using cloud services (e.g. AWS) Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of and#39;protected characteristicsand#39; as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation. Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent jobs and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary jobs. PLEASE NOTE:
We can only consider applications from job job candidates who have the right to work in the UK
For more information and to Apply - CLICK HERE
Register for Job Alerts
For Jobs in London, England
Quick Registration Email Alerts when Jobs come in | Post your CV | Let the Employers find you | Find the jobs before others!
JobsWord Contact About