Register for Job Alerts
Software Development Engineer - Revenue Optimisation jobs in London, England
Home > Details for 'Software Development Engineer - Revenue Optimisation vacancy'
Software Development Engineer - Revenue Optimisation
£375 - £437/day
Software Development Engineer - Revenue Optimisation My client, a worldwide powerhouse within the online travel industry, is looking for a Software Development Engineer to become part of their team in London on an initial 12 month contract. If you enjoy working in a flexible, Agile environment where your efforts to build mission critical software that has a direct impact on revenue generation and optimisation, then we are eager to hear from you. The team is part of a worldwide engineering department and is responsible for providing high throughput scalable APIs that internally use decision engines to make business decisions on the fly helping my client optimise their revenue generation. The successful candidate will be instrumental in the performance of their team to ensure that we meet the worldwide needs of their business. Bring your passion for software performance and delivery and be part of our success. Job job duties This position focuses not only on implementing software solutions for an e-commerce giant but also on being a job model to your fellow engineers. You will get to expand your skills in building highly scalable solutions while influencing others and raising the bar on the overall level of excellence within the team. You will also get the opportunity to serve as a subject matter expert in cross-functional feature delivery. As an SDE on this team, you will collaborate with other experienced software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and software solutions, and build and track metrics to ensure high quality results. You will have the opportunity to work with business partners, leadership and other software developers, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems. job duties:
* Provide technical guidance to other team members within area of expertise.
* Review work of peers and more junior developers.
* Act as point of contact for technical issues for specific work streams within a project.
* Implement product features working as part of multi-functional team using agile methodologies, work with QA, DB, Operations, Information Security, Release engineers and Product Owners
* Drive ongoing improvements in application architecture
* Build and design highly scalable enterprise applications
* Mentor junior team members in software engineering methodologies
* Provides work breakdown and estimates for complex software development tasks. Required Skills and Experience
* Exceptional coding skills in multiple languages (Java needed)
* First class communication skills in written and verbal form
* Strong Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
* Critical thinker, required to speak out and defend views.
* Experience developing web services
* Experience delivering and supporting highly available and scalable solutions with large transaction volume
* Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies
* Very passionate about learning, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
* Knowledge of performance testing, application tuning and load testing Useful experience:
* Working understanding of Agile Software Development mechanics.
* Java Web Application containers (Dropwizard, Tomcat, etc.)
* Java Web Services (SOAP, REST, etc.), protocols and deployment
* Prior background in large amount e-Commerce solutions or other transactional processing systems
* Clear understanding of major enterprise design patterns.
* Thorough understanding of MVC frameworks.
* Clear understanding of dependency injection in web applications.
* Using cloud services (e.g. AWS)
* Testing frameworks (ScalaTest, TestNG, Junit an.or Xunit) Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of and#39;protected characteristicsand#39; as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation. Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent jobs and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary jobs. PLEASE NOTE:
We can only consider applications from job job candidates who have the right to work in the UK
For more information and to Apply - CLICK HERE
Register for Job Alerts
For Jobs in London, England
Quick Registration Email Alerts when Jobs come in | Post your CV | Let the Employers find you | Find the jobs before others!
JobsWord Contact About