Register for Job Alerts
Group Payables Manager - Global Financial Services Firm jobs in City Of London, England
Home > Details for 'Group Payables Manager - Global Financial Services Firm vacancy'
Group Payables Manager - Global Financial Services Firm
£45000 - £50000/annum
City of London, England
Job title Group Payables Manager Role Profile Department - Finance Reporting to - UK Head of Operations Location - London Role Description - Group Payables Manager will be the first point of contact for all payable related queries for the UK and some overseas entities. A key focus of The Job is to ensure timely and accurate processing, recording and payment of both internal and external liabilities by the Payables team, month end tasks are carried out and regular KPIs are presented to management. Regular MI, workstack prioritisation and escalation and proactive management of key stakeholder relationships will be key to the success of this job. Key job duties
* Managing the Payables Team (10)
* Introduce and drive regular reporting for management on operational activities including unprocessed and unaccounted invoices, expenses, operational and financial targets, licapability ageing, key suppliers and days outstanding
* Drive a standardised month end close process to as a minimum include accruals calculations, AP sub ledger to general ledger reconciliations, and supporting cash and bank reconciliations.
* To review and own resolution of business issues around the purchasing to payable process cycle.
* Support standardisation of key processes and production of detailed process documentation
* Initiate targets for the team to drive and monitor performance. productivity
* Drive introduction of monthly supplier account level reconciliations
* Review and support onshor. offshore model
* Work collaboratively with the systems support and change teams to improve processes, controls, documentation and management information
* Developing talent and activity driving the team to develop their careers across the finance team
* Produce high quality supporting documentation for auditors. Candidate Profile. Key Skills
* Strong track record in:
* Purchase to Payables end to end process accountcapability and ownership and associated team management in a large organisation
* Working with an off-shore team structure model
* Understanding of accounting concepts and principles and reporting to tight deadlines
* Knowledge and experience of operational or reconciliation processes and implementation of financial controls in operations
* Standardising and streamlining disparate activities
* Be a lead proponent of driving a collaborative culture and approach to working across finance
* Ability to scope and shape job and team while adapting to fast changing environment
* Strong process orientation, with capability to design robust reporting frameworks
* Ability to build strong working relationships with worldwide colleagues
* Maximises opportunities; i.e. challenges ways of working, adopts Group practices, seeks and provides information and clarification.
* Effective oral and written communication that resonates with the target audience.
* Utilises all available resources and toolsets to investigate and resolve problems and ensures the most appropriate solution is identified.
* Strong planning and prioritising according to business needs.
* Experience of Oracle
For more information and to Apply - CLICK HERE
Register for Job Alerts
For Jobs in City Of London, England
Quick Registration Email Alerts when Jobs come in | Post your CV | Let the Employers find you | Find the jobs before others!
JobsWord Contact About