Register for Job Alerts
HR Advisor jobs in West End
Home > Details for 'HR Advisor vacancy'
£15.46 - £16.46/hour
Job Summary The Reward, Review and Promotion (RRP) Team ensure the effective delivery of operational policy and process on reward and retention, Academic and Research staff annual reviews and Academic review and promotions, within a friendly and collaborative team. The team provides advice and guidance to the Schooland#39;s Senior Management Committee (SMC), Heads of Department, Academic and Professional Services staff, and supports School Committees. The HR Adviser job is responsible for providing advice and support on the Academic Review and Promotions process. They will be working closely with the HR Manager, and senior colleagues in the School such as the Pro-Director (Faculty Development) and the VCAC, to manage the work of the Schooland#39;s Appointments Committee, Promotion Committee and their sub-committees. job duties of The Jobs:
Review and Promotions work
* Organise and plan all aspects of the annual cycle of meetings of the Appointments Committee, the Promotions Committee and their sub-committees including supporting the Committee Secretaries in:
the preparation and distribution of committee papers; co-ordination of follow-up actions between meetings and beyond the yearly cycle.
* Draft and edit paper.report.polic.procedural documents for the various Committees; to support the Committee Secretaries in producing formal letters, briefing notes for senior staff; emails, circulars and other documents.
* Maintain accurate and timely HR records of salary data and Committee decisions.
* Maintain a register of action.objectives agreed by the Committees; to monitor progress towards achievement of objectives; to provide regular status updates to the Committee and senior staff.
* Contribute to and oversee the HR Administrator in the maintenance of the RRP teamand#39;s information on the HR website, including creating and editing information to ensure continuous improvement of the Divisionand#39;s web-based communication and service to the School.
* Ensure effective liaison with senior staff, such as the Pro-Director (Faculty Development), Vice-Chair of the Appointments Committee (VCAC), Director and other Pro-Directors in the work of the Committees
* To operate a courteous, informative and professional service to senior staff, Heads of Academic Units and other managers in the School, with regards to Committee policies, procedures and other related queries.
* Be responsible for communicating with, maintaining contacts of and records of payments to external experts; to monitor spend against agreed divisional budgets and inform the HR Manager of any issues; to process payments in liaison with the Finance Division.
* Oversee the HR Administrator in maintaining an effective working relationship with Reprographics Service, Conferences, Estates and other teams to ensure continued high-quality service delivery for School Committees.
* Take initiative and a collaborative approach in provideing constructive solutions to problems that arise and where necessary make recommendations for improving HR systems, processes and procedures. Management
* Supervisory responsibility of the HR Administrator, setting clear goals and expectations, supporting them in the delivery of their objectives and providing constructive feedback Environmental sustaincapability
* The post holder is needed to minimise environmental impact in the performance of The Job, and actively contribute to the delivery of the Environmental Policy. Flexibility
* To lead and deliver services effectively, a high degree of flexibility is needed, and the post holder may be needed to perform work not specifically referred to above.
* A demonstrable command of written and spoken English
* Excellent numeracy skills with experience using them in day to day work
* Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
* Experience in producing written reports or papers
* Experience of delivering a large amount of work with accuracy and to multiple deadlines
* Demonstrable capability to work accurately and pay attention to detail
* Awareness of the main requirements of the Data Protection Act
* Experience of working in the Higher Education sector, or similar environment
* Experience of producing accurate minutes an.or meeting notes
* Experience of manipulating data using Excel at an advanced level Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK and Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information and to Apply - CLICK HERE
Register for Job Alerts
For Jobs in West End
Quick Registration Email Alerts when Jobs come in | Post your CV | Let the Employers find you | Find the jobs before others!
JobsWord Contact About